Oh hello!

I'm Meg. I make stuff.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Makeshift Frosted Windows


Let's say you have windows that look out to other people.  You want to block out their view, but not the sunlight.  Also, you have no time or money and your sewing machine is in a box at the back of the storage area.  What's a girl to do?

I made these window sheers out of 2 sheets of tissue paper.  First I measured them to fit the size of the window and cut them.  You're only going to be making the design on one of the sheets, as the other is just an overlay for privacy and sturdiness.

I folded one sheet of tissue paper into eighths as if I were going to make a scientifically incorrect snowflake.  I didn't cut the outside into a circle shape, just left it big and rectangular.

I tried to fold it loosely so I wouldn't have big creases around the edges of it.



I did two different designs on the two windows, and stuck them on with scotch tape rolls in the corners.  They held up pretty well, till I got my act together and hung some real curtains!  

No comments:

Post a Comment