Oh hello!

I'm Meg. I make stuff.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Regrettable Oreo Truffles

Ugh.
Pretty, right?  Ugh.  These little monsters are made from one package of oreo crumbs mixed with one package of cream cheese rolled into balls and dipped into melted chocolate. I zigzagged over the with melted white chocolate in a ziplock bag with the tip cut off.

I made them for my roommates for Valentines Day and while they look charming, eating just one walnut-sized truffle will make you feel like you are staring into the icy cold face of death. Tasty, but too intense.  Uncomfortably rick.  We've got pretty low standards around these parts, and these puppies actually went unfinished.

I always mix my leftover melted chocolate with whatever I can find laying around to make a tasty bark- granola and/or dried fruit and/or nuts.  I piped little hearts out of the leftover white chocolate, which one of my roommates used to spruce up his homemade V-Day dinner for his squeeze!

On a related note, some white chocolate melts and some doesn't.  I don't know what the difference is (I think I always buy tollhouse?) but if you know, please enlighten me! I can never tell till I'm mid-project.

No comments:

Post a Comment