Oh hello!

I'm Meg. I make stuff.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Andy Goldsworthy-inspired group art

This is one of my favorite projects I've ever done with kids.  My group of 6-8 year olds gathered in our little studio and looked at a few works by Andy Goldsworthy.  I brought in one colorful bouquet for us to dismantle and use, and we found a lot of objects to use on our own.  All ideas were kid-generated, and everyone participated in the construction of our pieces.  I took a few high-res photos and printed out a glossy copy for each child to take home, and hung one in my own house for a while.

My kids LOVED this experiential project, and talked enthusiastically about wanting to go home and make more art in their backyards.  (As always, click a picture to see a bigger version of it!)













No comments:

Post a Comment