Oh hello!

I'm Meg. I make stuff.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Art inspired by different cultures


This is another round-up of art projects from when I used to teach!  The theme for this set was "Art from Around the World."  Most of these are self-explanatory, so I'll be brief.  Here we go!

Salt dough animal totems

Build them on cardboard for easiest take-home-ability!


Mosaics made from cut up paper and contact paper
more mosaics
Aboriginal mud paintings made with tempera paint on crumpled brown paper

For paint brushes we collected our own sticks
I love the way these turned out!
Mexican paper flags
Chinese paper dragons made of paper cone cups, strips of tissue paper, and dowels.  These are so fun to "fly" and watch the streamers blow!  I have action shots but they all have faces.  You'll just have to trust me.


These are Adinkra prints are inspired by designs from Ghana.  My mom carved the stamps and graciously lent them to us!  Each of us printed one design and then shared them with everyone else, so we all made colorful, diverse banners.


More projects with more in-depth instruction coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment